Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Friends - Old & New

It's been a busy few weeks, but now we are back in the cool (and hopefully rainy soon!) mountains. First we had a visit up here from my dearest and oldest friends, Lee and Carlanda (AKA BFF). We have been friends for over 20 years. We drank chocolate martinis & beer (not at the same time!), solved all of our problems and the problems of the world in just a few short nights. Isn't that amazing? She also attended her first (but not last, I hope!) yoga class. We even played Bananagrams so that our brains didn't go stagnant. What a fun weekend we had!

After they left, we headed for Tucson. I spent the next weekend with a wonderful group of women at a lovely historic resort in Tucson, The Arizona Inn. The pictures here, show just a glimpse of the lovely grounds. We drank, ate, and laughed our way through the weekend. It was so nice to feel so welcomed by a group of women that had known one another for over 30 years. I was definitely the newcomer, but sure didn't feel that way. Thank you all.

Finally, while in Tucson, I got to visit with two dear friends that I often meet for coffee, cribbage, a day of playing, shopping, or just to chat. We had a great visit and were even able to get in a "game night" with our husbands as well. What would we do without all of our friends? I am so lucky to have so many people that I can call my friend.

Now I have returned the the mountains along with bags of art supplies and I know many of them will never be used, but when the inspiration comes, you just have to have the right stuff, don't you? I am going to try to get a few collages and some button bracelets done before we leave again to put on consignment at Embellish. I am still struggling with the gel pendants and have one more thing to try before I officially give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment