Sunday, August 30, 2009

Anticipation

Well, it's finally here. We leave tomorrow for 21 days in China and the only word I can use to describe my feelings is anticipation. I have thought about, talked about, planned and dreamed about this trip for a long, long time, and now all I have left to do is anticipate - anticipate the beauty, the culture, the countryside, the people, the ancient history and the crowded cities. It's going to be a wonderful trip and I, for one, can't wait to get started.

Last week, I bought a magazine that I don't normally purchase and in the first article, it had the artist's favorite quote. I thought it was quite appropriate for the way I feel about this trip and life in general:

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Mark Twain

Zai jian





No comments:

Post a Comment