Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy at Work



I haven't posted for a while because I have been busy making things. Even though I brought half my studio supplies with me(don't tell Stan), of course, there are many things that I am without. Despite the limit of supplies, I have been able to do a few more things to put on consignment in a great shop up here in the mountains called Embellish. Last week I delivered about 30 pendants, most of them seen in an earlier post. Some of them are soldered while others are made with a tray and resin. I am not sure which process I like better. I made the collage posted above here on a canvas that I started for something else, but was too small. I re-gessoed, painted and added the bird image and the collage elements. I am very pleased with how it turned out, but of course any more canvases that I have are in Tucson along with other bird and botanical images.



I also made these cute wallhanging/picture frame things using foamcore board. It is very light weight and easy to work with . The hardest part is cutting it! I think they turned out cute, but once again, it would have been nice to add some fabric and other ribbons that I have at home. I was pleased that other than the twill tape that I bought at Wal Mart to hang them. I used only items that I already had! WOHOO! I actually used some things that I probably purchased 10 years ago! Well maybe not that long, but you know what I mean!





No comments:

Post a Comment