Saturday, February 6, 2010

I LOVE this book!







About a week ago, I was standing next to a bargain book bin near the check out at Big Lots. Of course I cannot resist a bargain and was drawn to an unusual looking book with a bright yellow plastic cover. It was one of the strangest books I have ever thumbed through, (including pictures of guns with foreign money for wings!) but I couldn't help thinking what a great book for painting and collage, etc. it would be. Of course I had to buy it!

When I got it home, I started right away collaging with tissue paper, ephemera and paint. I was sort of possessed by it for a while. I did two pages in the next two days and then another. I even woke up early one morning, couldn't sleep and crept to the studio as quietly as I could to work on it! The book has a yellow plastic soft cover and glossy thick pages inside. It is 11X14 and I discovered that I really like a bigger surface to work on.

Anyway, these are some of the pages I did. Now I am cleaning up, organizing some of my jewelry stuff and putting away the things I bought at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show. I need to get to work on my Paperworks Photoshop Project, my fabric/paper collage project AND my exchange project using image transfer and something vintage. I also need to get ready for my week in LasVegas taking art classes. I guess I am pretty busy! Don't you just love it??



No comments:

Post a Comment